Hello In Stitches Family! Happy New Year! With the start of this new year, we need to have a little discussion about supply chains, but in a fun way!
Here at In Stitches, we try to stay upbeat even during a pandemic. After all, there are so many good things even when things are hard. So, we don’t mention it that much. But, today, we’re going to have to say COVID a few times. (Or should we call it that-which-shall-not-be-named? I think so!)
Because of COVID, I mean, because of that-which-shall-not-be-named, our suppliers turned from making garments to making masks, with a far smaller group of employees. That means they are OUT of many of the items we’d normally have for you.
Here’s an example.
There are NO large or extra-large black, gray or navy hoodies to be found. From any of our suppliers. Yes, you can still find them at stores, but those are lower quality items that don’t do well with our processes.
Because of that-which-shall-not-be-named, we are now in the Fleece Shortage! (cue ominous music)
However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! They do expect to be restocked by March 31, 2021, but that’s still a while away.
So, what do we do now? I’ve wracked my brain and searched our suppliers to find some replacements for you, our customers, while we wait for everything to be restocked.
If you are in need of something that is Screen Printed or Digitally Printed, here are some options:
- Alternative colors – unfortunately, this is a temporary solution because even those are starting to run out, but it’s a start.
- Polyester Hoodies – there are 100% polyester hoodies available right now. In order to screen print these types of hoodies, we have to use a special type of ink to avoid scorching the hoodie, which we can do but honestly, embroidery would work better for this solution.
- Full-zip Hoodies – a good alternative if you want a hood!
- ¼ or ½ Zip Hoodies – another good alternative, though admittedly, they don’t have hoods.
- Crewneck Sweatshirts – you may be surprised by how affordable these are!
- Heavyweight Long Sleeved T-Shirts – albeit not as warm but a good alternative!
If you’re looking for something that is embroidered, all the above solutions will work, and even work a little better when it comes to the polyester hoodies, but there are a couple more things we can do with embroidery that we can’t do with the other processes:
- Micro Fleece Jackets – these are warm and lovely AND still in stock!
- Raglan or Track Jackets – and some of these even have HOODS
We wanted you to be aware of the shortages that we’re experiencing right now so we can make plans together. But the hard part is, it might get a little worse before it gets better. Have no fear, that’s where our amazing customer service comes in! If we can’t get exactly what you want, we’ll find some alternatives for you to choose from that will make you happy!
Let’s go back to the happy side of things now, shall we? No more talk of that-which-shall-not-be-named!
Have a great week!
Mike and Wendy
In Stitches Embroidery